Mesajlar: 186
Kayıt: 31 Tem 2012, 23:26
İşletim Sisteminiz: Ubuntu, Fedora, Linux, Manjaro
LibreOffice Sürümü: Her zaman güncel

LibreOffice developer interview: Muhammet Kara

Mesaj gönderen sabriunal »

Posted in Community, Development, Interviews By Mike Saunders On June 14, 2016

Resim

Every new LibreOffice release is built on the work of developers around the world, who collaborate to add new features and fix bugs. But who are these developers? How did they get involved in LibreOffice, what is their vision for the future of the software, and how do they enjoy their free time?

We asked some contributors these questions, and will be posting their answers here on the blog in the coming weeks. Let’s start with Muhammet Kara…

Where are you based, and do you work for a LibreOffice-related company or just code in your spare time?

I live in Ankara, Turkey. I am still a student, studying computer engineering, and I also work for TUBITAK-ULAKBIM in their Pardus Linux Group. They endorse the usage of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) nationwide. They also encourage me to work on LibreOffice when I am not given other tasks. I am glad I am able to contribute to such a great project as LibreOffice in the workplace. I also code in my spare time.

How did you get involved with LibreOffice?

I have been using and advocating OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice for years, but my involvement as a code contributor started with encouragement of Abdullah Erol, manager of the Pardus Linux Project.

What areas of the code do you normally work on? Anything else you want to tackle?

I don’t have a particular preference, and I work on various areas usually related to C++ and the user interface. After gaining some more experience, first I would like to spend some time on Base because I felt like it needs some love. I am also interested in getting involved with writing tests because they guard us against the introduction of new bugs and reintroduction of old ones. But there is no reason not to work on Calc or Writer

What is your vision for the future, and what would you most like to see improved in LibreOffice?

A well-known and widely-used LibreOffice suite worldwide, and particularly in Turkey. I think integration of LibreOffice with the cloud is also crucial for the future.

What do you do when you’re not working on LibreOffice?

I like going to the movies, reading books, mountain driving, and localizing free software. Nowadays I am trying to get GNOME 3.22 development branch’s Turkish translation to 100% completion. Wish me luck with that

Thanks Muhammet! And to any other interested developers reading this: join our community and help to make LibreOffice even better.

Source: https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blo ... mmet-kara/
Cevapla